It’s time to rummage through your attic to find those lovely wooden cubes you all know already. Because that’s what we’ll use for our vintage ornaments for the Christmas tree.
You will need:
- wooden cubes
- metal screw eyes
- rustic cord (jute cord or linen cord would be perfect)
- electric drill
- a ruler and a pencil
Follow these steps:
- Trace two diagonal lines to find the center of block
- Drill a small hole (diameter should be smaller than the screw of the screw eye)
- Screw the eye in the hole
- Cut a length of approximately 25cm (10 inches) of cord
- Thread both ends of cord through the eye, thread through cord again, pull tight.
- Tie a knot at the ends of cord.
Voilà! I’m sure these Christmas ornaments will add a magical touch to your Christmas tree… and will remind your guests of lovely childhood memories.
Sign up for my free newsletter to make sure you won’t miss my next tutorials!