Those little ornaments are just way too cute! And so easy to make when you use ready made felted beads.
You will need:
*note: depending on size of your cupules, bead size may vary from 1.5 to 2cm across. Try and experiment to size which result you like best.
**note: if you collect the cupules directly in the forest, make sure to wash them and leave them in the oven at 200-250 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. This way, you’ll make sure to kill any unwanted bugs.
Follow these steps:
- Drill a small hole in the cupule (watch your fingers)
- Cut a length of ribbon or cord measuring approximatively 25cm (10 inches)
- Thread both ends through the hole and tie a knot. Pull so that the knot is in the cupule.
- Glue the felted bead in place: fill the cupule with hot glue, making sure you hide the knot
- Hold together the bead and cupule as long as needed for the glue to cool down.
Or make them all in your favorite color for a monochrome effect.
Those acorn ornaments are perfect for your Christmas tree, to ornate a tree for Easter, or for all your home décor projects. You can also omit the cord or ribbon and use them for other crafting projects.
Sign up for my free newsletter to make sure you won’t miss my next tutorials!