Easy knitted dishcloth
- Cast on 3 stitches
- Row 1: (Right Side) Work even in garter stitch.
- Row 2: knit 1 stitch, increase 1 stitch in next stitch. Knit to end of row.
- Repeat last row until you have 53 stitches.
- Next row: knit 2 stitches. Knit 2 stitches together. Knit to end of row.
- Repeat last row until you have 3 stitches.
- Bind off all stitches. Weave in ends.
After a first try with the larger size needles (5.5mm – US 9) I found the resulting fabric too floppy. Therefore, I switched to the recommended needle size for each of the yarn balls I used.
As for the final size of the dishcloth, you can adapt it to suit your personal taste or your yarn remnants. After all, this is a brainless knitting project…
You’ll then find tons of free patterns to try and have fun with!